Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sump Pump redone (outside edition)

The first video is of me and our home inspector checking out our possible new house.

Here you can see our that we get our own mini grand canyon. I'm guessing if we left it for a few hundred thousand years, it might turn into a cool canyon of our own (we could call it the BBC Big Browns Canyon)


I used Kates Video Converter (favorite free editor, check it out) to cut the front and back part out, so that you don't get bored.

Here is some more clear pictures of our Canyon


So because we don't want a small Ice Rink on our sidewalk and Canyons in our neighbors yard from OUR water. We planned on running PVC all the way to the street.

And after 1 month of owning our home, our neighbors dad accidentally used too much fertilizer and killed ALL of their grass, so while they had all the grass up, now was my chance to put in the underground PVC (PERFECT TIMING).


Thanks to Nancy Chiostri's Son David helped me dig this trench. I could NOT do it without him.


We had to use a hammer and a pipe to get through underneath the sidewalk (shhhhh, I don't know if that's legal, but im sure its better then an ice rink).


Now lets see the final product and IF it works?


Yay it works, here is the added extender piece




Note: Over the winter, a plow (or something) snapped it off. 


It is also VERY green around the exhaust hole.

So that got us thinking of installing a a pop-up sprinkler head and use it to water our yard, who doesn't like free water.

I would have to install a threaded section, so I can replace it back to a pipe when winter comes again. Because this location is buried under a few feed of road slush.

No comments:

Post a Comment